Thursday, March 29, 2012

Michigan State Police Cruisers - From Years Past

I was at the Michigan State Police training center a few days ago. I happen to stumble upon a few of their former patrol cars on display outside the facility. I remember seeing the Chevy Camaro from time to time as a kid, thinking "Man, now that is one badass cop car!" Even today I would still consider it one of the more intimidating cop cars to date.

In order, from top to bottom, is the Plymouth Gran Fury, Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang, and Chevrolet Caprice. None of these cars are by any means a slouch! I'd love to take that Gran Fury for a spin, and couldn't help but think....

"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?" - Elwood





No comments: