Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Racing my 1969 Camaro at Mid Michigan Motorplex - Spring 2000

Here is video from back in spring 2000.  I was in my final year at Central Michigan University and racing nearly every opportunity I got at nearby Mid Michigan Motorplex.  This combo ran a best of 11.76 in the 1/4 mile, and when I lined up against a dragster.  Only recently had I got around to converting the tape over to a digital format.

I believe this was also the one and only time I have ever lined up against my dad.  He owns the 1995 Pontiac Formula - Forest Green, racing at about the 8:20 mark.  We line up against each other at the 11:20 mark, where I proceed to spank him.

At the 13:10 mark my dad wins the "run the numbers" race, running dead nuts what I dialed his car in at.  I can't recall for sure, but I think it was around $125, which he split with me.  I changed the dial in he had at the last minute, and that's exactly what he ran.


No comments: