Monday, March 05, 2012

1969 Camaro gas tank with rear sump and internal baffles

I received my gas tank about a week ago, and man is it a beauty! I had been planning out my new fuel system for awhile, and while I was leaning towards a fuel cell, I was reluctant to give up my valuable trunk space. After all, by the time my battery is mounted back there, a nitrous tank, and amplifier for a decent stereo, all the room I'll have left is for a few chairs and a cooler. A friend earlier today jokingly suggested a luggage rack on the roof, or a trailer hitch. Not gonna happen. LOL

So, after much searching, I literally stumbled upon Glenn's Performance out of Arizona (their site seems to be down, but their phone# is 1-928-415-0651). They offer a stock 1969 Camaro gas tank, modified with internal baffles, a rear sump, and your choice of fittings. I went with (2) -10 AN and (1) -8 AN for return. The quality of their work appears top notch! Since the tank is simply a modified stock tank, it will bolt right in place of your original.




Aside from the filler neck, here is what the sump will look like from the rear.



I can't wait to get this tank bolted in place. Since the tank is galvanized, I have decided not to paint it black so it blends in. I wanna show this baby off!

No comments: