Monday, August 09, 2010

Stopping Power

With the help from my friend Rod, we got the brakes finished yesterday. One thing I did however, that I'm kicking myself over, was throw out my brake booster a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, it still had the clevis on it that attaches my new master cylinder to my brake pedal. Luckily, a place nearby, in Shelby Twp, stocks the part along with new pin and cotter pin for $10 or so. I went ahead and ordered it online this morning, paying the $7 shipping, figuring that the drive would probably cost about that much any way. This way, I can head back out to the garage today and work on the car instead of chasing parts.

Yesterday I also installed my new composite gear on my distributor, put the trunk latch catch back in place, and got a good portion of the wiring back in place and soldered what needed to be soldered.

I have in service training all week, on days, which worked out great today. During our lunch break I headed to the Autozone around the corner and picked up fluids and electrical connectors needed to finish up some remaining projects.

Rod's Truck.









No comments: