Wednesday, August 18, 2010

On the Road Again

Just a quick update, as little gremlins have been battling me left and right since my last update. My biggest headache has been the power steering hose (pressure side) which set me back. After that problem was solved, by me bending up my own hard line, then I lost power. The car had cranked over just fine, and as all the electrical was getting finished up, all of the sudden I lost everything. Come to find out, all it was was a ground issue. I was skeptical that was what it was, picked up 4 ground cables today, and ended up using three of them. The problem was solved until the last cable, ground the frame/body, were in place. Then she fired right up.

The car is actually much more complete than I anticipated, with major thanks to my dad! He has been a trooper, coming up every day for the past 4 or 5 days, and helping with the finishing touches. Aside from carpet and a gauge cluster, my interior is complete! Ok, so I lack a headliner and radio too, but like I said, it's way better than planned.

Today, shortly after dad left, I finished up the last of the wiring. I crossed my fingers, had the wife, aka "tow vehicle" follow, and headed to the gas station. After topping her off, I headed around the block a bit. I came upon a nice 4 lane stretch with nothing around, so I jumped on it a bit. Holy shit does this car get it! I won't be able to make it to the track until time/money allow for a beefed up rear end, and a baby on the way will negate those funds. That being said, I'll totally enjoy FINALLY having my ride back on Woodward this year. It's been way too long, and a part of me has been tucked away on the shelf collecting dust for what seems like an eternity. Stay tuned of pictures, video, and full coverage from Woodward.

No comments: