Friday, August 06, 2010

Glass installed.

Today I had my dad come up and give a helping hand with the car. I worked on the B&M shifter cable while dad cleaned up the front/rear glass channels. Once cleaned up, I helped install the rope seal, then we set the glass in place. I had to head to court (while dad gratefully polished the stainless trim), and upon my return we installed the front/rear trim. Dad polished up the bumpers, and then headed home.

I worked on the car for a few more hours after dad left. I got the four electric fans installed on the radiator, after sanding the shroud slightly on one fan. I also got the rear seat back installed, after recently removing it to install the seatbelts. Not that there is enough room for an actual person to comfortably fit back there, as they'd have to climb over all the monkey bars to get back there. Still, for display purposes, I thought I'd give the illusion of a functional backseat.

A few days prior I also finished installing the power steering pump brackets and belt as well as running my fuel lines. Fuel system is ready to go! I'm getting down to just the electrical in order to fire this baby up! Sunday, I could very well accomplish that. I suppose I should pick up some anti-freeze, power steering fluid, and brake fluid eh?



















No comments: