Saturday, August 21, 2010

2010 Woodward Dream Cruise - Day 2 Finale

What can I say, Woodward's Dream Cruise never disappoints! For 15 of the 16 years it's existed, I've been there. Though the rules have changed a bit, along with venue and enforcement of the law, it's still a thriving event in which weather can't even keep people away from. For about half the day we battled drizzle and occasional light rain, though the lots were still filled and the cars were still rolling. By mid day, the rain had ceased and the sun came out, and before you knew it Woodward was bumper to bumper with congestion.

I've been into cars now over half of my life, so there isn't much out there anymore that really blows my mind. Nowadays, I just sit back and enjoy what's in front of me...and take tons of pictures! While there was a time when powertrain and presentation caught my eye, now it's simply how nice the car is. I like a loud race car thumpin' muscle car just as much as the next gearhead, but a nice paint job and set of wheels really set a car apart from the pack. For me, the craziest thing I saw this year was the guy cruising around on his bike with 2-3 Chiuauahas in a handle bar basket....all wearing a set of strap on racing goggles. I cracked up both times, though was unable to get my camera ready in time.

By Woodward 2011 I'll have the car tightened up a bit, have the tuning down, insulation in, carpet, some tunes, and a baby in tow as well. I'm sure come next year I'll venture out of my parking spot and into the madness. I just wasn't ready to roll the dice with my current setup and hope some catastrophic failure didn't occur. So, until next year, enjoy the pictures below, and don't forget to click the link to enjoy Woodward in all of her Fury!

Finally, back on the road.













2010 Woodward Dream Cruise: Final Day

1 comment:

Roger - Gauge said...

Interesting info! I enjoy reading these types of posts.