Saturday, July 13, 2013

Brake install complete

The brake are now complete.  The lines are all installed, after 3 orders from Jegs before I got the correct fittings I needed...a mistake on my part.  I still need to bleed the brakes, and tighten up a few hanging fuel lines.  I took my driveshaft measurements and plan on ordering my custom shaft on Monday. We should be back on the road very soon.

001

002

003
Here you can see one of the tabs I welded on the housing.  Initially, I was having trouble with my welder.  Come to find out, I needed to switch the wire in my mig, which I assume gets hotter.  Once I had the correct wire in place, it melted my axle tubes like butter, fixing the tabs to the tube after the first spark.  At some point later down the road I will clean up the welds with a grinder and repaint it.  It's pretty tight confines and figured I'll drop the housing later on to clean them up with ease.


004

005
Hard lines plumbed.


006
Yeah, that's my car cover/dog bed.


007

008
Finished brake installation.


009
Open lug nuts installed.


010
Back on the ground for the first time in a long time.  Still dirty as hell, I think I'll wait until I get my driveshaft installed, and can move the car to the middle of the garage before bustin' out the power washer.

2 comments:

Mac said...

Darn, it's been years since you've posted a picture of your dogs! Was this Zeus or Sasha (I maybe mis-remember their names)?

Mac

Supersport said...

Sasha is the first one, Zeus the second.