Saturday, July 06, 2013

1969 Camaro: Wilwood Dynalite Pro Rear Brake Installation

As promised, here is the installation of my Wilwood Dynalite Pro rear brake kit.  The installation of the kit is complete, though I am waiting on some fittings, hose, and tabs in order to complete the system and be able to bleed the system.  I am VERY impressed with this Wilwood brake system.  While the instructions are a bit vague, they do offer online instructions which I'm guessing are more thorough and with more diagrams.  The installation is very simple, and anybody who has installed brakes can easily figure it out.  All future brake upgrades on my cars will be with Wilwood components.

I had planned on installing a combination distribution block/proportioning valve, but that will wait until next winter, as will my Hurst roll control.  Once my parts arrive, I will weld on my brake hose tabs, install the lines and fitting, and bleed the system.  Next up, measure and order a driveshaft, which I hope to do in the next week or two.  This is going to be quite a late start to the cruise season, but considering it's due to our second daughter being born, I'm not the least bit upset.

040

041

042
Dynalite caliper installed.


043
The rotor minus the hat.


044
Rotor with hat sitting in place.


045
Hat installed on rotor with allen head bolts.


047

049

050
I've never installed safety wire before, and I think I may not wrapped them properly, as it was kind of a pain in the ass.  That said, the bolt is only able to loosen so far before the bolt would be stopped by the wire, so while perhaps not installed 100% correctly, it would serve it's purpose if needed.


051
Rotor installed.


052

053

067
Dynalite calipers.


068

069
My little helper, Emma.  She's becoming quite the little mechanic.


071
Caliper isntalled.  All that is left is finishing the plumbing.


072

No comments: