Thursday, May 10, 2012

Metro Detroit Car Shows and Cruises - June 2012

While a few car shows and cruises have already started popping up, June often signifies the official kickoff of cruise season.  With that said, there are plenty of shows happening during the first month.  I hope to be up and running in time to hit at least a few of them.

Sins of Steel - June 2, 2012

One of the first shows of the season, Sins of Steel is somewhat of an anti-car show car show.  It's for those who aren't worried about a chromed out/fully billited underhood display.  Formerly  part of the Billitproof show series, a change in location caused them to carry on the show under the new Sins of Steel lable.  Yet another show I hope to attend some day, but as stated below, a wedding over rules that Saturday this year.

Hot Rod Power Tour 2012 - June 2-9, 2012

For the second year in a row, Hot Rod's Power Tour will be making a stop in Michigan.  This year, the even kicks off in Michigan at GM's proving grounds in Milford.  Sadly, I have a wedding to attend, so will miss this show.  My car wouldn't have been ready any way, so I'm not too heart broken.  Still, I would have loved to made the event, took pictures, and enjoyed the festivities.  It will probably be a few years before this event makes it back to Michigan.  Maybe by then I will be able to join the tour for a few stops.

Back to the Bricks Promo Tour - June 15-22, 2012

Perhaps this is a tour that is a lot more doable for my Camaro in the future.  It's a week long tour that makes stops throughout Michigan, while promoting the Back to the Bricks show in August, held in Flint, MI.  They started they tours a few years ago, and considering Michigan's beauty, I'm sure it's an amazing drive.

Cruisin' Gratiot - June 16, 2012

This show is in it's 14th year, and is another show I regularly attend.  Like last year, I'll likely miss making it there with my Camaro, as I will likely have some finishing touches left before it's ready.  That said, I hope to at least check it out.

Greenfield Village Motor Muster - June 16-17, 2012

While I've never attended this show, it's appeal is great.  Checking out cars on the grounds of Greenfield Village?  It doesn't get much better than that!  The problem is, it's the same weekend as Gratiot, and we typically end up going to Gratiot instead.  Maybe this year we will take a break from Gratiot and check out this show instead.  It would give is a good reason to renew our memberships as well.

Detroit Yacht Club Antique Boat and Car Show - June 17, 2012

I actually just found out about this show last weekend while visiting the Detroit Yacht Club.  While the show isn't open to the public, it is my understanding that if you have an antique boat or car, you can attend the show.  I would call prior to verify that though.  Also, they offer a Father's day Brunch for a price, though I'm not sure whether that's available to all attendees, or just members.

Sloan Museum Auto Fair - June 23-24, 2012
 
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the Sloan Museum Auto Fair.  I was just talking about this museum with a friend, and it's on my list of places to visit in the near future.  As for this year, I won't be making this show, but I do hope to visit the museum before summer's end.

Cruisin' Downriver - June 30, 2012

I've attended the Downriver cruise many years in a row now, and it's amongst my favorites.  It's very walkable, and lots of cruising takes place along the 5 mile route.  If I manage to make a June car show this summer, this will be the most likely one I attend.

TAKE NOTE: CAR SHOWS AND CRUISES WILL BE LINKED BY MONTH ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE BLOG. STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES IN THE COMING MONTHS.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing information about Metro Detroit Car Shows and Cruises good awareness in the entire city Metro Airport Taxi