Saturday, May 26, 2012

Dominator Throttle Bracket/Fuel Pump Bracket

 Here is the Dominator throttle bracket by Jegs for a Lokar cable.  It's a far cry from the bracket it replaced, a thinly stamped throttle bracket in back and matching throttle return spring bracket out front.  This new bracket is as much business as the carb is.


Here is the bracket I fabricated to mount my A1000 fuel pump and filters to.  Initially, I just used some flat sheet metal I had lying around.  While it gave me the initial location, it was seriously flexible and needed some added support.  I picked up some 1/8" x 1" flat steel and welded some ribs to the sides.  I relearned how to weld, and had to do a lot of grinding, and honestly should have done a bit more prior to paint.  That said, it'll be sandwiched between the fuel tank and rear end any way, only seen by those who crawl under the car. I can always build another bracket later on down the road.


Here is the pump and filters temporarily mounted on the bracket.  Aside from drilling four holes in the bracket and trunk, adding a rubber cushion between the two to help lower pump noise, it's ready to go in place.  The final shipment of fuel line and fittings arrived yesterday, so now it's just a matter of cutting the lines, installing the fittings, and finishing up some wiring and she'll be ready to go.  I'm off quite a few days next week, so hopefully she'll be about ready to fire up, towards the beginning of June instead of the end which seemed a lot more likely a few weeks ago.  Smokey burnouts are in my near future!




No comments: