Monday, June 06, 2011

Spring Tune-up, preparing for show season

Ok, so perhaps it's late spring, and maybe these upper 80's to 90+ days don't exactly feel like spring. I can vouch, on days like today, my unvented garage is closer to 100 degrees. A little heat won't keep me from doing what I gotta do though.

Yesterday, I pulled the plugs, removed the passenger side header (which is required in order to remove one of the plugs), and removed the valve covers. With a little luck, tonight I will get the new plugs gapped, installed, the valve lash set, and perhaps even the oil changed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that these steps will rid my ride of it's eratic, overly rich, and stumbling idle.

While there is plenty of time between now and Hot Rod's Power Tour stop at Metro Beach on Friday, being able to use that time is the catch. Baby Emma doesn't always let daddy wrench as often as he needs to, nor can she hold up to the 100 degree garage temps. So I'm going to hope the wife can live with me spending a full evening, sweating my ass off, trying to knock out as much as I can tonight. Time is of the essence, and as any gear head knows, whatever can go wrong at the last minute usually does. I'm hoping for the best, and with a little bit of luck, will be blasting up I-94 enroute to Lake St Clair come Friday morning. Stay tuned, as I'll be sure to bring the camera out to the garage to follow my progress, and my wifi enabled garage complete with a relic of a computer will allow me to broadcast updates straight from my man cave.

No comments: