Monday, June 20, 2011

Leak Free Brakes

With the help of my friend, Jody, I now have leak free brakes. They didn't stop leaking without a fight. Our first attempt left us with two leaks. A few turns of a wrench knocked it down to one leak. The stubborn leak required a replacement coupler to solve the leak, a result of my flare kit and me tightening things up trying to stop the leaks. After a few bleeds, everything seemed functional, though the pedal seems a little soft.

I took the car for a spin up to the local gas station, topped it off with gas, and found the brakes functional, but likely in need of another bleed in order to firm up that pedal. Things seem to be charging fine, power steering leak is gone, and aside from the carb still seemingly in need of a bit more tuning, the car seems ready for summer. I'm looking forward to this Saturday's Downriver Cruise!

No comments: