Monday, June 21, 2010

Valve Covers installed

Ok, so today didn't exactly go as planned. The running errands didn't go as quickly as planned, nor did cleaning/repairing the grill. By the time I got started in the garage today, all I had time to accomplish was to clean/install the valve covers. Tomorrow, I should be able to get the intake cleaned up, installed, and hopefully drop the engine in. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to install the engine/transmission together, or just put the engine in place for now. I'll be damned if I can remember if I need to put wood blocks under the engine to help support it if installed by itself. I tend to believe, from passed clutch jobs and transmission swaps, that the mounts will sufficiently support the engine. Problem is, then I'll have to wrestle with a TH400 transmission on my back and under the car. Sure, I'll jack it up into place, but it's far from a cake walk to go that route.


No comments: