Monday, June 14, 2010

Painted Rollcage.

Just finished up painting the rollcage, flat black rustoleum. Next step will likely be to start sorting out the ball of wires which make up the wiring harness. Shouldn't be too bad, since I wrapped most of the harness with electrical tape where subharnesses t'd off of the primary harness. I'm hoping that my diehard battery will still be good to go, though aged 9 years since it was last used, whether or not it lives up to it's "diehard" reputation will be determined.

I'll probably begin hauling out the interior panels, dash (which needs to be notched out for the cage yet), steering column, and rear glass later this week. I may take the rear glass and have it tinted dark prior to installing it. While the car has a full 12 point rollcage, the idea is to disguise it best I can so that it's not easily noticable. From the rear, this is most easily accomplished by tinting the window. On the sides and front, it will be through the use of rollbar padding which will fill the gap between the a-pillar trim and cage. On the side, it will be most difficult. While the cage lines up with the weatherstrip where the front and rear side glass meet, the thick rollbar padding will likely create somewhat of a post-car look. Considering Camaros only came in Convertibles and Coupes, it may look a bit strange with the windows down.

I just got off the phone with Tico Race Engines. The last of the parts will arrive Tuesday, with assembly following soon after. I was going to try and push the pickup date to Thursday, as I scheduled an appointment with the vet for both dogs on Friday. Since the engine may not be ready, I'm instead going to either get it Saturday, or have my dad pick it up Saturday. After unloading the engine, we'll all head on up to the Gratiot Cruise. It's been some years since I've been to Gratiot, but it's alway been a nice sized show with plenty of muscle cruising and parked.








No comments: