Monday, March 10, 2014

Camaro UpdateL 3/10/2014

001



I finally talked myself into buying a shop clock.  After years of drooling over the neon clocks at the Autorama, I pulled the trigger, and picked up an awesome Sinclair clock. After the clock was hung, I started on the Camaro.  I got the gas tank removed, so I can strip and repaint the gas straps.  I also will likely be changing the gas line over to my tank vent, and replacing the cap with a non-vented cap.

002


003
Here is the tank removed.


004
U-bolts removed.  I have new u-bolts and rubber pads ready to install.  As you can see, the cat litter fiasco made quite the mess on the underside of the car.  Once my power washer is back up and going, I will power wash the underside.


005
U-bolts removed from the other side.


006
Small block engine mounts removed, big block mounts ready to go in.


007
I was a little surprised to find the BBC mounts were actually shorter, not taller, than the SBC mounts they were replacing.  The height difference is almost exactly the thickness of my nitrous plate.  Previously, I didn't have enough room under the hood for the plate.  With this added clearance, it should just barely fit!

 In addition to the wall clock, I picked up some other wall art.  A top fuel helmet/mask and a thrush bird.  I think they go nicely on the peg board.

No comments: