Monday, March 24, 2014

Camaro Update: 3-19-2014

008

I have compiled most all the parts I need, and now it's just a matter of getting them all where they need to go.  Currently, the inside of the car is serving as parts storage.  The list of to-do's has shrunk by about 10, but is still around 55 items long.  Thankfully, a good chunk will disappear shortly after the engine is installed.  For now, I'm knocking off as many small items as I can.


009
Thermostat and housing installed.

010
I took a break to install some more recently acquired posters from Autorama.

011


012
Gas tank straps stripped and ready for paint.  They have since been painted with an aluminum finish to match the galvanized gas tank.

013
I decided to finally switch to a synthetic oil, 15W-50 Mobil.  Almost as thick as the 20W-50 Castrol I previously ran, but with all the benefits of a synthetic.

014
The new, big block chevy mounts, installed and ready to hold an engine.

015
New leaf spring pads installed, along with new u-bolts.

016
My most recent order, consisting of gauge pods, plug wires, plug wire heat sleeves, and roll bar padding.

2 extra quart deep pan by B&M.

No comments: