Friday, March 07, 2014

69 Camaro Update: 3/7/2014

I've created my to do list in order to have my Camaro race ready, and it's a list of around 65 items.  Thankfully, the majority of the list will be easily completed once the engine and transmission are back in place.  That said, while my trans is torn down, I have yet to start on the tedious task of re-assembling it.  I got my Coan converter back a few days ago, thankfully, no real signs of wear and tear other than the front hub, which was a little banged up, possibly due to a pump issue with the trans.  I hope to have the trans back together by the end of March, or at least be close to complete.  Other than that, I've got the majority of my parts on hand.  Below, you will see my powder coated AFR valve covers, which will look way better than the Chevy chrome covers I have now.  Look for many updates in the coming weeks!

001



002
The engine has been refreshed, and ready to go in once the trans is comlete.


003
Re-routing the fuel lines and securing them is on my list.


004
Pretty aren't they?



030
I tackled installing the 3" axle studs yesterday, which required the assistance of a local tow company, or should I say, their air compressor.  There was no breaking loose those studs by hand.


031


032
Axles removed.


033
New, longer studs installed.


034



035



036

037
Brakes back on and ready to go.


038



039
Once again, she's up off the ground and on jack stands.



No comments: