Monday, March 24, 2014

Camaro Update: 3-17-2014

001


I started on my TH400 trans about a week ago.  After driving out a few bearings, I realized I needed some new drivers, as I didn't have one that fit the rear case bearing.  Unfortunately, a few kits later, still leaves me without the correct driver.  That said, I think it's time to improvise and come up with something that works.

I plan on making some serious progress over the next few weeks on the trans, though completion by month's end is now looking like a real stretch.  I've recently got a 34 element sprag, spiral lock, 2 extra quart deep B&M pan, and found out I already have a Transgo shift kit installed.

002
New parts laid out.

003


004
The rear case bearing.  Once removed, the new bearing started in at an angle, and became distorted.  Thus, I ordered up 2 new bearings, so I have an extra in case the next one doesn't go in smoothly.

005


006
My second bench, to be used for assembly.

007
The first sub-assembly, all apart, and ready to go back together.


No comments: