Friday, March 28, 2014

Camaro Update: 3-25-2014

Slowly but surely, my Camaro is coming together. While much of what I accomplished this day could have been finished once the engine was in the car, I started knocking off some of the easier stuff on the list, if for no other reason, to assure me that I was making progress.


Cleaned water pump, ready to install.



With the oil pressure gauge hooked up, she was ready to prime.  This time, I chose Mobil synthetic 15w-50.



Here you can see the water pump installed.  With the engine primed, I dropped in the distributor.  It may come back out during engine installation, but for now, it's in place.







With the valve covers removed, it was time to install the longer rocker arm nuts and stud girdle.



Extended nuts, to allow the installation of the stud girdle.



AFR stud girdle installed, to help keep everything stable for those 7,200 rpm shifts.











AFR valve covers installed.




No comments: