Monday, December 23, 2013

RoadKill: Episode 23

A few years back, while sitting at a parts store waiting room in Detroit, I struck up a conversation with another customer.  Ironically, he too had told me that one way to get cheap Big Block Chevys was to by an RV.  He said they were a dime a dozen, and recently paid just $500 for a running vehicle he pulled the BBC from. Sometimes, he said you can even find them for free.  Here, the dynamic due do the same to aquire a Big Block Chrsyler for their Charger. Heisenberg would be proud of these two!

I can relate to their project, as we are chipping away everything that's not a badass '68 Firebird, hoping to uncover a race car.  On a side note, is it just me, or does watching them cut up the rv bring back memories of the Hack-a-Vette from Hot Rod a few years back?  This episode is absolutely awesome, and goes down at one of my favorites. Right around 35:10, when they get on the freeway, nearly brought me to tears I was laughing so hard!


No comments: