Thursday, December 12, 2013

1969 Chevy Camaro Update: 12/11/2013



Work didn't stop with the Firebird yesterday.  I slipped out to the garage for an hour or so to begin readying the engine and trans to be pulled.  I didn't get too much accomplished, but the plugs are out (I wanna do a compression check yet), headers unbolted, exhaust unbolted (aside from one bolt that will get cut off), belts off, fan removed, driveshaft out, shifter linkage removed, and support braces removed.

I hope to have the engine and trans removed by Saturday with a little luck, and the transmission in the basement ready for rebuild.  As I've said, I'm not looking to let this winter project drag into late spring/early summer, as I hope to be racing early in the season. 

On a final note, when the hell did kerosene become so hard to come by?  Thankfully, the gas station a few doors down has it, but I figured I'd hunt for a better deal yesterday after paying $5+ at that station last winter.  After a lot of hunting, I found a suburban hardware store out near Scott's shop, and paid $5.99 a gallon.  When I got home, I looked at the station on the corner...$4.59 a gallon.  LMAO...yep, sounds about right.








No comments: