Tuesday, October 30, 2012

All I want for my birthday is...

I don't know.  Well, I didn't know, as my birthday passed over a week ago.  My wife asked me ahead of time what I wanted.  While a mini-fridge crossed my mind, it really wasn't something I had to have, and told her don't worry about a gift.  When my parents asked, I told them the same thing.  You can't beat cash, as I can always come up with something later.

After my birthday, I gave it some thought.  I started thinking Camaro parts, I just wasn't sure what.  I had some other parts I was looking to sell for a friend, which is always hard.  I'm not one to part with things.  I'm not a full blown hoarder, but I would say I'm an automotive hoarder.  I don't throw anything away, and never sell anything.  Reality sorta sunk in, and I knew I would likely never use the Demon 750 carb or Victor Jr intake I had sitting around collecting dust.  So, I sold it to my friend, and added the money to my parts fund.

I thought about it long and hard, and many parts came to mind.  I concluded that forging ahead with rear end parts would be the only way I will likely be able to get a Ford 9 inch under the car by next season.  This rear needs to be bulletproof.  I want something that will hold up under the most harsh conditions.  I researched my options, and came up with a Detroit Locker with 35 splines.  So, within the next week or two, I will be ordering the Detroit Locker, perhaps with a ring and pinion gear set as well.

Come Christmas, I will be a bit more prepared for my "wish list."  I have plenty of parts I need, in addition to the rear end parts, and you can't go wrong asking for car parts.  Unlike Christmas pasts, I won't hand pick what I want, but instead supply a full blown list of parts with the requests to "pick something."  In a way, I still feel like the kid at Christmas, but instead of toys, it's car parts.

No comments: