Saturday, October 06, 2012

2015 SRT Barracuda - Car and Driver

2015 SRT Barracuda - Rendering by John Sibal (Car and Driver)

I recently ran across an issue of Car and Driver containing information on the successor to the Dodge Challenger, the SRT Barracuda. It's suppose to be more on par with the Mustang size-wise, and 250-300 lbs lighter, which would still put it around 3,900 lbs, and still too heavy in my book.

As for the styling, well, when a car was as short lived as the original Cuda's (2 gens), you can only capture so much heritage in the styling.  If you don't wish to have a retro feel, then you're starting with a clean slate.  If the rendering is at least close, or in the ballpark, SRT is going for more of a sports car look as opposed to a muscle car.  I guess it's not as bad as my original reaction, but still, I'm not sure what type of buyer the car would appeal to.  It looks sleek, mean, and fast...but nothing says Barracuda.  So the question is, why resurrect the name? I look forward to seeing an actual concept version at an upcoming North American International Auto Show, so until then, I'll refrain from a final verdict on the direction SRT is heading.

Car and Driver 2015 SRT Barracuda - Future Cars

No comments: