Saturday, October 06, 2012

2012 Winter Plans

Cruise season ended a bit early, as my friend needed his mechanic fan back, so I was left fanless.  That said, I'm not sure I would have done more than a blast around the block any way.  It just feels like time to park it, especially with recent daytime highs now in the 50's, with temps dropping quickly after the sun starts to drop.  Also, without a heater, I'd be cuddling up to that transmission tunnel to keep warm.

First on my list of upgrades is to order up a nice flex flan capable of cooling my engine in extreme conditions.  In addition, I will probably order up a fan shroud as well, though I haven't decided whether to go with an adjustable aftermarket style, or a factory stock shroud.  After that, I'm ordering up enough dynamat to cover most every square inch of the interior, in hopes of quieting things down, as well as to reflect some of that heat back away.

After that, I have a long list of mostly minor upgrades, though the biggest being a Ford 9 inch rear, which I'm still not sure I can make happen this winter or not.  I may back away from my original plan, perhaps get a used 9 inch, have the brackets installed for a direct bolt in, and try to build a more budget minded rear end so I can make it happen.  I'll be sure to document my wrenching when I head out to the garage.  Until then, take care.

No comments: