Sunday, September 30, 2012

Texas Car Wars....sucks!

I recently started watching Fast'n Loud, and have to be honest, I kind of like their in-your-face, over the top, Gas Monkey style they portray on the show.  A few weeks ago, a new show started playing after Fast'n Loud called Texas Car Wars. The show billed Texas as having the largest collection of salvage yards of any state in the country, and I thought the show looked promising, so I added it to my DVR list.

Having just sat through the first episode, I can say that in my opinion, this show absolutely sucks ass!  It reminds me of the show Storage Wars, or whatever its called, that I accidentally got sucked into once.  It's the same 4 or 5 shops bidding on a few cars each episode.  Then, they do work on them in an effort to flip them for big profits.  Perhaps the dagger for me was when they listed the purchase price, investment, and profit.  They stated that they had invested $4,000 into a 1963 Ford Uni-cab pickup.  Well, the body guy cut them a break at $3,500, and the stainless shop charged $600.  By my math, that's already over the $4,000.  That's ignoring all the mechanical work, which it needed plenty, and the labor for which the shop that purchased the car performed.  Then, this group one the competition for making the largest profit.

I don't think I can even bring myself to watch the other 3 episodes I've recorded, it was that painful. It will be quickly dropped from my DVR lineup.

No comments: