Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Evening in the Garage

Back in the garage, first things first, I got the alternator brackets and alternator back mounted and tightened up the accessory belt. I have to say, I have grown to pretty much hate any and all chrome under the hood of a car. When money permits, my chrome valve covers, one pulley, breathers, and brackets will all either be replaced, or blasted and painted black. Chrome has it's place on an old car, but under the hood just doesn't do it for me. Plus, I don't wanna be the car that's "all chromed out." LOL

Belt and Accessories installed

The MSD 6 AL and coil are back mounted on the firewall and ready to be wired up. I think I may get a distribution block this time around, and wire up my MSD, fans, and anything I need under hood power to. Prior, I think the only item I had running to the starter terminal other than my main power was my MSD and alternator. I figure that a distribution block will simply clean things up a bit.

Bringin' the Fire

Taking a look at the oil pan, it's really going to be a headache trying to install this new oil pan gasket, as I have very little room to work. I think I'll hold off on this, aside from cleaning up the old gasket a bit and removing the filter and dipstick, to make a little more room to work. I need plenty of patience to get the new gasket installed, patience that I don't have tonight. With dipstick removed from the pan, I gained a lot of clearance, which will make the job WAY easier...glad I thought to do that.

Last job for the day, I got the passenger side header installed and spark plugs in. Tomorrow, I will get the driver side header installed, and maybe, just maybe, tackle that oil pan. Then, I'll pretty much have the engine all buttoned up and ready to go aside from the fuel lines and wiring.

Header and Plugs Installed

No comments: