Saturday, April 14, 2012

2002 Ford F150 XLT 5.4


While dad and mom get a new car, I get a "new" used truck. I decided a few months ago to replace my 1989 Pontiac Formula 350 with my dad's 2002 Ford F150 with a 5.4 under the hood, and 2 wheel drive. It will likely get much better mileage than my 155,000 Pontiac that has seen better days. In addition, it'll be nice to have a second truck around, as I'm always hauling something for the house, and will no longer have to borrow the wife's truck or wait for her days off.

While I didn't gain too much in overall mileage, as the F150 has 124,000 miles on the odometer. The difference in quickly apparent. This 10 year old truck looks like new, both inside and out, and doesn't show a sign of rust, where as my '89 should have been parked years ago, as the rust has started getting the better of it in many areas.


So I hope to have a vehicle which I can depend upon for another good 8-10 years, thus allowing me a very low truck payment, and not being tied down to another new car loan. This will hopefully allow continued work on the Camaro, and thereafter, my Pontiac. Though 10 years old, this truck seems like a new car to me.

No comments: