Tuesday, April 03, 2012

1150 Ultra Dominator Vacuum Port

Recently I discovered that with my current setup, I'd never fit an air cleaner assembly on my engine. There was no way I'd be able to run the 1" spacer I had in place, and that spacer was what I had planned to drill and tap for a vacuum port in order to hook up my pcv valve. Option number two was to drill/tap the boss on my Dominator carb, so that was the route I chose.

Here is the underside of the carb, taped up and ready to be drilled.

The recessed hole you see just above the fuel bowl, below the base, is the untapped hole cast into a Dominator specifically for application that will require a vacuum port.

With an 11/32 drill bit, I drilled out the vacuum boss.

The Edelbrock 1/8"-27 NPT tap.

The stainless vacuum port.

A few wraps of teflon tape and I tightened the fitting into place.

A close-up of the port while installed.

With new port in place, I sat the Dominator/air cleaner back in place.

No comments: