Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dad's Challenger R/T Update - 12/18/2012

Went down to work on dad's car yesterday, though accomplished little. I'm to the point that I need a better way of stripping the paint from the cracks and crevices.  The wire brush mounted to a drill just didn't cut it.  I'm thinking a small air powered angle grinder may do the trick.  The engine bay is probably about 95% stripped now, and if I can't get the last bit of paint off, I won't lose sleep over it.  Painting over the top of what's left won't even be noticable.

I haven't crawled under the car my last few visits, but I have about 20% left to strip.  I may very well haul down my welder during my next visit, and start fixing the few pin holes I found, and patching a few sections that nee repaired.  I think I'll only get one more visit during my time off to work on it, and it may very well be for Christmas activities, so my time may be VERY limited.  It won't take a whole lot more work to get the underside ready to por-15, and the engine bay ready for paint.  It's real close!  Hopefully, I can get that finished up, and we can order up a new front k-member with suspension, brakes, and steering.  Then, it'll start looking like a car again!

No comments: