Friday, November 30, 2012

Took the Camaro out for one last ride

I pulled my battery out today, as it has been giving me fits the last two years.  It just didn't seem to want to hold qucia charge, sometimes requiring a jump start to get home from a car show.  I knew my alternator was good, as it is a 170 amp unit and keeps the voltmeter around 15 volts.  Still, the voltmeter would occasionally drop down a few volts, which I always thought may have been a ground problem.

I tried to fire up the beast a few days ago, to show a new neighbor.  I was rewarded with a click-click-click...nothing.  I put my charger on the car, and the next day I checked the battery, 10.5 volts.  So, today I removed the battery and took it into Sears, knowing the 3 year warranty was still in effect.  The battery was bad, and I walked out with a new one.

The car fired right up, and me being me, well, that wasn't enough.  The roads were dry, and other than being in the low 40's, it wasn't a bad day out.  So I figured I may as well take her out one last time.  I've said it before, I'll say it again, I will say it until I'm blue in the face....she is one fast sonofabitch!  Seriously, a quick blip of the throttle, I mean I'm talking 1/4 throttle, maybe 1/3, and she lights up the tires.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find a spot without traffic to really put on a smoke show, so a few "dust offs" of the tires was all I was going to get.  Still, it left me hungry, anxious for next season, and most importantly, anxious to get a Ford 9" under her and some sticky tires.  I wanna feel what 2 wheels in the air feels like.  :)

No comments: