Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Another trip to Mom and Dad's

This weekend I will be making another trip down to mom and dad's to work on the Challenger.  Having removed the k-member and front suspension already, I will continue stripping the underbody and engine bay.  A few more trips and I will have run out of things to do without more parts.  I have a furlough coming up next month, so hopefully I will find a few days to make it down and get some serious progress made.  Still have hopes of having the car mechanically ready come next summer.  Sure would be nice to take it down the road and test her out.  The car has been off the road since 2001, when I also parked my Camaro.  Hopefully, my recently parked Formula won't have to sit and wait as long as these two did.  I learn a little bit from each project, what I would do differently, time frame, and budget.  I have a fairly well thought out plan for the Formula, though haven't decided if I'll jump in neck deep, or attempt to keep it drivable once I start on it.  Look for Challenger updates in the coming week.

No comments: