Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Detroit Locker and Flex

I got my shipment from Summit Racing about a week ago.  Included was my Flex Fan, spacer, and Detroit Locker.  I hope to piece together a 9 inch rear by next summer, so I can hopefully make a trip to the drag strip and see what she runs!  Next purchase for the rear will likely be the ring/pinion and install kit, followed by the center section, then the rear with axles.  With Christmas coming up, hopefully I can get some of it from Mrs Clause...aka Wife.

006
The goods.


007
The Detroit Locker is a no holds barred unit that essentially turns into a spool during straight line acceleration.  Can't wait to put it to the test at the track, and no longer have to worry about grenading my posi or snapping an axle.

008


009

010

The 17" Flex Fan in red, good to 10,000 rpm's. I may add an electric fan later on, but only as a pusher.  After my quadruple failure, I'm not chancing electric fans as my primary source of cooling again.






No comments: