Friday, June 06, 2014

Camaro Update: 6-6-2014

It's been a few weeks since my last update. Rest assured, I have made some progress, though still have a little work to do. I have taken it for a road test, though it was only a couple miles. I did verify that the transmission shifts through all of the gears, though I'm not sure that it shifts as hard as it did before. Granted, the way it shifted before was so violent that it left me a bit nervous when it shifted under part throttle. A defective temp gauge has prohibited any further road tests. My list is down to about a half dozen items, and will easily be finished by next week, and she will be ready to cruise. That said, I may hold off for a week or two on the line lock. I made a mounting plate today for both my line lock solenoid and my new proportioning valve/distribution block, but I will likely have to make 5 new lines and bleed the brakes, so I may put that one off until I can get all the lines ready to go, so as I'm off the road a minimal amount of time.  I also need to install my front seat belts, the new temp gauge, exhaust hangers, and secure my interior switches and two gauges.  That's it, after that, I will be ready to race!











No comments: