Monday, February 10, 2014

Camaro Update: 2/8/2014

001



I started draining the trans fluid out of my trans the other day. The fluid looked ruby red, didn't smell burned, and I was starting to wonder whether or not it really needed gone through.  Those hesitations didn't last long, as once I dropped the pan, I knew I had made the right decision.  It looked like the clutches and steels had took their share of abuse over the years, and a new set was a good idea.


002


003
I got creative with some scrap wood in order to drain most of the fluid.  I had forget how heavy these damn things were.  I think the 150 lbs that I've read is a conservative estimate.


004
Pan off and filter dropped.


005
The pan wasn't bad, but as you can see, there were obvious signs of wear.  I will rest easier knowing that the trans was rebuilt.


006
Ready to tackle the tear down, and probably buy a few tools and a press in order to complete the process.

 Here is the Hughes rebuild kit, awaiting installation.

No comments: