Friday, February 21, 2014

Camaro Update: 2/21/2014 - More parts arrived


AFR - Airflow Research 6723 - AFR CNC Engraved Aluminum Valve Covers 

 Another shipment of parts arrived the other day, including my sweet looking AFR black powder coated valve covers. I also got a new flexplate, bolts, and a few other small items. In addition, my AFR stud girdle nuts are on the way from California, so I can tie the studs together and not worry about those 7,200 rpm shifts.


I shipped my Coan converter out to Coan a couple days ago, and should be hearing from them soon as to whether or not it needs anything beyond a flush and inspection after being cut open.

I've not had a chance to actually work on the car really, but all the parts will be ready to go, so when I get a few days, I should be able to make some serious progress.  My goal is to have the transmission back together by the end of March, tackling a little at a time.  Once complete, the engine, torque converter, and trans will all be ready to drop in. After that, everything else is a cake walk.  My furlough this year is in June, and my plan is to have this car on the road, bug free, and ready to race.

No comments: