Tuesday, March 05, 2013

New RS tail lights installed

076

Back in the day, I had installed my ON/OFF switch where the rear passenger reverse light was located.  Not wanted to drill a hole through the body, and considering the reverse light was already cracked, it seemed to be the perfect spot.  Upon removing the switch, while rewiring the car, the reverse lense broke into pieces. I had already anticipated replacing the tail lights any way, though not with the standard lights, as I like the RS lights better.  I've never been one to be concerned over what was/is stock, or what did and didn't belong on a car, I went with what I like.  Consider it the "street rod approach," where you use what looks good, not what necessarily belongs.  While I liked the RS lights, I though the huge reverse lights mounted below looked hideous, and something more appropriate in the 1970's.  Since I haven't had reverse lights for years, omitting them completely was of little concern to me.


077
In addition to being better looking, I think they make the car's rear look wider, and even more sleek in my opinion.  While I bought the lenses probably 5 years ago, I have to thank my wife for getting me the needed light housings this past Christmas.  Partially, because she was sick of looking at the hole in the passenger tail light.

No comments: