Tuesday, March 05, 2013

12 Bolt Chevy out, awaiting Moser M9

Yesterday I tackled the removal of my 12 bolt Chevy rear.  The only reason it didn't go quicker than it did is because I STILL haven't bought the parts for my air compressor and put the air pump back together.  Armed with a torque wrench and variety of sockets, I got the rear removed in about an hour or so.  Aside from a filter lid install, new batter, and battery tender, I really haven't worked on the car much this winter.  With spring quickly approaching, it was time to get the rear end started.


067

068

069

071

073

074
Here is the 12 bolt, with drum brakes, removed. 


075

Here you have a much better look at the fuel system/bracket I installed last winter.  I'm actually quite happy with the way it turned out.  I may change a few things this winter/spring, such as adding a few more clamps attaching the line to the frame, as well as a 90 or 45 degree fitting in a spot or two.

No comments: