Sunday, January 20, 2013

Camaro Work and Garage Art

100

She's dirty, dusty, and in need of a car wash.  Yet, for the first winter in as long as I can remember, I can go out, turn the key, and fire her up.  That always puts a smile on my face.  It may be 20 degrees outside, but my 1150 Dominator supplies the fuel to the fire without any hesitation.  A stall or two, and it will idle as well as it does in the dead of summer.
095

As I said, while the Detroit swap meet offered up little of interest, I did find a K&N 16" filter lid.  This filter will provide a much needed boost in air intake.  Even with a drop base, I can only squeeze a 2" filter under the hood.  Under wide open throttle, I fear it may not have bgeen enough.  Now, the engine should be able to aquire all the air it needs, and hopefully create it's on little stream of cool air coming through the cowl.

094


104

Here is my Moser Nodular 9" center section for 35 splines. I still need the axle/housing, pinion support, gears, and all my bearings. I hope to aquire all, possibly with a trip to Indiana to Moser, but late February or March some time.

096

Another one of my Christmas presents that I was long over due to by myself, a Battery Tender.  This should keep my battery much healthier during those cold Michigan winters.


105

A gift from my in-laws for Christmas, the EST. date represents our wedding year, making the garage official, and reminding me what year we got married.  :)

103

The garage had become an absolute disaster over the late fall/early winter and way over due for a clean up.

102


101


099
Some of my latest artwork to cover the walls.  The map on the left is an ariel view of GM's proving grounds.  An amazing sight eh?  To put things into perspective, that oval in the upper left of the map is a 5 mile ring.
098

Here are a few of the signs/posters collected along our trip to California last fall, which included a stop at the American Pickers shop, Antique Archeology.  Yes, that is Daniell with the motorcycle, signed in the upper corner.  No, she was not there to sign it in front of us. :(

No comments: