Sunday, August 26, 2012

2012 Hines Drive Cruise - Simply Awesome!

002

This year was the 2nd annual Hines Drive Cruise, and the first year I attended.  The show left a lasting impression, and I would argue that it is THE best show in metro Detroit, even topping Woodward, if for no other reason, it's closed down to all traffic aside from classics 25 years and older.  There were a few exceptions that managed to find their way in, but 99% would fall under the acceptable category in my book.

This was a cruise in which you could actually cruise.  The total stretch was probably 5 miles or so, and the cars were lined spuratically along the way.  It was nice simply being able to pull off the road, check out the cars, then hop in my ride and cruise to the next cluster.  You didn't have to pay to park, pay to cruise, or worry about having to remain parked any where.  There were plenty of country officers on patrol, but aside from the occasion blurp and tire squawking, nobody really got outta hand.

Perhaps the ONLY down side is that if you don't have a classic car, the show can be a bit difficult to check out, as it will entail a lot of walking.  That can be solved easily by bringing a bike though.  Woodward will always be an over the top, greatest collection of cars, and largest number of spectators.  Yet this cruise, at a more managable size, and cruise friendly has won me over.  I already can't wait until next year!  This cruise made getting my car quieted down and cooler inside my #1 priority, as it must be baby friendly for our little girl.  Plus, I'm tired of cooking my feet in my flip flops!  There are a few more cruises and car shows on my radar, a few of which I hope to take my Camaro to.  I also plan on attending Frankenmuth this year for a day, though my Camaro won't be making that trek at least this year.

004
I thought this was a badass 55 when I saw it.  It wasn't until after the fact that I realized that it was painted by my friend, Rod Calvin.  This explains why the car was so badass.

006


008


013


016


018


029


030
Add caption


037


044


052


053


058


062



2012 Hines Drive Cruise - Photos

No comments: