Sunday, July 22, 2012

"Stand her up! Stand her up!"

Today, I power washed my Camaro and decided to drive it to work. While I've stopped by work to show her off, I've never actually drove it in to work. Perhaps not surprisingly, I came out to a dead battery, and need to reassess how I wired up my fans. After a jumpstart, I was ready to head for home. As I hopped on the freeway, the bike in my rear view literally disappeared. The acceleration is unreal, and that's with hard compound tires which prevents using all the power on tap. The music this engine belts out screams race car. I stopped for gas close to home, so as I wouldn't have to fuel it up tomorrow prior to heading to the in-laws. As I pulled in, the dude loitering at the gas station chimes in "nice car officer." The young woman who pulled up also commented on the car, stating she loved the color. The most amusing of all, was the guy on the bicycle as I waited for the light to turn green. He said "Stand her up! Stand her up!" while making a hand gesture of a car lifting the front end off the ground. I couldn't help but smile and think to myself "man, I really gotta get my car out more often." Not just for the smile it puts on my face, but the smile it puts on other faces, from kids to senior citizens, its a universal language of sorts that most in this region simply understand.

No comments: