Monday, July 02, 2012

No Cruises or Car Shows...yet

Sadly, this car show season has kicked off to a slow start, and I'm not sure how many shows/cruises I will actually make until August/September.  If all goes as planned, we hope to take a road trip to California soon, which won't be in the Camaro.  I didn't make this year's downriver cruise, though I could have.  Multiple friends reported that Fort St was still all torn up, and I really didn't care to deal with that mess.  So, for the first time in quite a few years, I skipped it.

I've only taken the car out a few times, and for the most part, she screams!  I do have an engine miss again, which seems to have shown up after a few times out, and I figure is probably due to an overly rich carb.  I'm going to order up some fuel bowl/metering block gaskets prior to changing the jets, since I'm unsure if they are reusable gaskets.  The Dominator manual states that the carb comes jetted to work with most applications, and often is within 4 jet sizes from the appropriate jetting.  Considering I went with an 1150 instead of a 1050, the the hot as hell/humid temps here in Michigan, I'm sure I'm running rich.  I checked the resistance on my plug wires, and that doesn't seem to be an issue, but the plugs themselves did read a bit rich.  Even so, when I jump on the loud pipe, hold on, because she's a lot more ornery than she was last year and roasts the tires at any speed with just a blip of the throttle.

While the car sits idle, I hope to at least hit up one cruise night over the next few days, and perhaps even go check out an all Camaro show in Ypsilanti, MI next weekend.  Also look for me to update the car shows in July for 2012.  Until next time.

No comments: