Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The Paddock closes it's doors

April 30, 2010 The Paddock closed it's doors. A car restoration company that had been around since 1965, I had done my fair share of ordering from the Paddock when restoring my Camaro back in the late 1990's. I believe the first parts I ever ordered may have actually been from them.

While living in Indianapolis back in 2000, I decided to take a drive out into the coutryside and see just where they were located. I recall the trip, as I remember it was further than I anticipated, and in a much smaller town than I envisioned. I'm pretty sure it was a one stoplight town.

The shop was nothing special, but their stock of parts was amazing. I can't even recall what I bought that day, as it was more about the trip than the parts. It's a shame to see such a fixture of the restoration community go out of business, as one most be a bit concerned as to whether or not other restoration companies aren't struggling just as bad. Without these companies, our hobby would die.

Paddock Closes

No comments: