Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cooling, steering, and fuel.

Just a quick run down before heading to work on yesterday's progress. Everything was quick and easy bolt-ons yesterday. The Aluminum Griffin is mounted, though the bottom bolts and fans still need installing. I've got the 3rd generation F-body steering box (XH model) with 12.7-1 steering, for a better performance feel. The necessary rag joint and steering hose inserts are on their way from California. The Fuel pump is installed and ready to go, with the fuel line kit arriving on Saturday, awaiting installation.

I have the Ididit column in the car, though will have to probably loosen it up a bit to install the rag joint. The AC Delco oil filter, the 1218 (for nearly 1 qt capacity) was installed, along with about 9 qts for 20w-50 oil. I installed the dipstick, which I must not, the Moroso pan has a pretty awesome compression fitting to hold it in place.

I also installed the wiper motor, and sat the rear windshield in place, more less to get it out of the way. I went to install the exhaust and quickly realized I lack header gaskets. This morning, I took a trip downriver and picked up a set of gaskets and plan on installing the full exhaust system tomorrow. I'm back to work for 2 days, then off for two. I hope to get the ignition, steering, shifter, and fuel system all buttoned up over those days. Then I'll start tackling the electrical. I could very well fire the engine up before the weekend, though I wouldn't bet on it, as nothing goes as smoothly as planned.

Though I may not record the initial fire up, I will attempt to upload a video as soon as possible after she's running.









No comments: