Wednesday, January 09, 2008

1985 Pontiac Trans Am gets sprayed!

Today my friends TA hit the paint booth, sprayed with a deep black. The shots aren't real great since they are in the booth, and under flouresent lighting. I'll send more updates as I get them, as well as some pictures of it once it's back on the road. Anybody else got the Night Rider song in their head?

The guy at the body shop told my friend "You'll have one of the nicest Trans Ams on the road!" While you see these cars out there occasionally, most are running on their last leg. More on the sentimental value of these cars at a later date, but I'll just say that at one time, myself and 4 other close friends owned F-bodies...as did an ex-girlfriend of mine, and her sister. So I knew a lot of people growing up who shared a passion for these cars, and judging by the internet, there remains a strong cult following for them even today.

Ironically, while pumping gas in mine today around the corner, the guy next to me stated "Man, that's a sweet ass car you got," referring to my Formula. He went on to say that he's looking to buy one, as his neighbor has his for sale for $3,000 with a rebuilt motor, but needs painted. The guy stated how much he loved my car a few more times before dumping a quart of oil in his Taurus and motoring off with his lady.

I need to start planning what the future holds for mine, whether I retire it in a few years and restore what needs restored. Or, perhaps restore it as I go, getting a paint job on it, building a new engine, etc...a little at a time. I don't think I could stand not driving a V8 rear wheel drive car day in and day out, so a replacement would have to fit that bill. Anyways, here's the pictures from the paint booth:












No comments: