Saturday, August 23, 2014

2014 Woodward Dream Cruise

For the first time in 4 years, my Camaro missed out on the Woodward Dream Cruise.  Out of the 20 years the cruise has been happening, I have made 19 of them, and my Camaro has made about 10 of those.  I thought this was going to be a trouble free year, with multiple trips to the track.  After one trip, and just one run down the track, it seems a failed roller lifter has ended my cruise/racing season.  I'm hoping I caught the failure early enough so as no damage, other than the failed lifter, has occurred.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a new cam (or possible reground cam), set of lifters, and gaskets and I will be ready to go for 2015.  I may take this minor setback as an opportunity to install the nitrous kits I've had collecting dust for about 15 years.

I didn't allow car troubles to dampen my spirits, and we still made Woodward bright and early.  I rode up with my parents in their 1995 Pontiac Formula, while meeting up with my brother-in-law in his 2014 Challenger Shaker and father-in-law in his 2004 Dodge Rumble Bee.  Fun was still had and memories were still made.  Next up, Hines Drive!


































































2014 Woodward Dream Cruise

No comments: