Saturday, August 23, 2014

2014 Hines Drive Cruise - 8-24-2014

This year's Hines Drive Cruise has been moved to Sunday, which I think is a good thing, though perhaps I'm biased because I'm off work on Sundays.  I can honestly say that I look forward to this cruise nearly as much as Woodward.  There are very few, if any, cruise strips that can restrict access to only classic cars.  Hines Drive, being a park, is able to do just that.  While not nearly as walkable as Woodward, due to the cars being spread out more and not as dense, I think anybody who sets up their chairs anywhere along Hines will be plenty satisfied staying put in one spot.  Another downside, over the last couple years I have noticed that food venders are scarce, if not non-existent all together.  So, being a park, plan on packing a picnic of bbq-ing on site.  I picked up a Webber portable grill the other day, and will be grilling up some dogs this year and bringing a big cooler.

2014 Cruisin' Hines Drive

No comments: