Saturday, November 02, 2013

The C7 Corvette AeroWagon

The AeroWagon is created by removing the rear hatch from the C7 Corvette and replacing it with the wagon-style panel created by Callaway Carbon company. It will be available in C7 body colors. (Callaway Cars Inc.)
 
I love the new Vette. I also dig wagons, and the Cadillac CTS-V wagon has ranged at the top of my list when it comes to cool/modern wagons.  The combination of a Vette and a wagon however leaves me scratching my head, unsure to love it or hate it.  It would be hard to argue that they didn't get the size and proportions spot on.  This thing appears to be a production quality, and if one didn't know any better, they'd never guess it's an aftermarket modification by Callaway. That being said, is a car really a "wagon" if it only seats 2 people?  Part of the appeal of a wagon for me was the ability to pack it full of people and take a road trip, a king of the hill family truckster. In that regard, the AeroWagon falls short.

No comments: