Friday, October 11, 2013

Back to Norwalk Raceway Park

Summit Motorsports Park, as it's now called actually. In my ever changing job schedule, this may be my last weekend off for awhile. When the wife informed me that she was heading to the MSU football homecoming game with her sister, and that she had already asked her mom to watch the girls, not knowing I was off, it opened up a freebie Saturday for me. What to do, what to do? While it was disappointing that the racing didn't start until 5 pm last weekend at Norwalk, the racing sucked me in. Free Saturday? I think I'll head back and watch some more racing. I had pondered checking out the heads up/no et racing at our local track, Milan Dragway, but I like to see et's. I also considered our recently opened Onondaga Dragway, which runs 1/8 mile, but in the end decided a return to Norwalk would likely please me the most. This time, I'm going to meet up with dad halfway there and then carpool the rest of the way. All after hopefully getting all of 3.5 hrs sleep the night before. I'm taking my camera again, and considering this is the Halloween Classic warm-up, I'm thinking there should be a ton of cars racing. Stay tuned!

No comments: