Monday, June 10, 2013

Onondaga Dragway Set To Open - Summer 2013


















Photo courtesy of Mike Snow: Dragzine.com

Today, while visiting friends down in Adrian, MI, I inquired about what was up with Onondaga Dragway.  I was happy to hear that for all those involved, their efforts have proven successful.  I first spoke of the dragway back in August 2010, Onondaga Dragway to reopen. In all honesty, until today, I hadn't really given the track much thought.  I am happy to report that the track is weeks away from opening for the 2013 season, and 1/8th mile racing will return to the Jackson area!  I will try my hardest to make it to the track this year, as I've never watched 1/8th mile racing, nor been to this former track. This is one of the FEW success stories when it comes to old dragstrips.  Considering it's closure took place in 1978, to say this has been a long time coming would be an understatement.  It's almost unimaginable for me, as I was 2 years old when this track would have ran it's last cars. Some day, I will race down this storied track.

35 Years Later, The Onondaga Dragway Is Coming Back To Life

Waterwinterwonderland: Onondaga Dragway

Onondaga Dragway

No comments: